May 14, 2017

To the Mamas of my babies on Mother's Day


  These babies of yours, they are amazing.  But mama, so are you.  I have watched, and watch you now fighting, striving, trying to pull at bootstraps that you were never given but someone told you are there.  
  I hurt for you.  I cry out for you each day.  I struggle not to scream about how unfair it is - how the discrepancy in where we started, in the lives we were given is criminal.  How because of all of that, these babies are in my arms today and not yours.  I hate it.  I hate it for our babies and I hate it for you.  The brokenness is just too much sometimes and everything inside of me wishes it could be different - that today you could feel these arms around your neck.
  
  To my girls Mama, I want you to know that I don't take it for granted and that I think about you every day.  We talk about you all the time and I will go to my grave telling these sweet souls how much you love them and how brave you were that day that I sat next to you in that court room.
  To the mama of this sweet little boy with cheeks that jiggle and a heart so sweet, I will champion you and root for you and fight for you forever.  No matter what happens in this case, this sweet little boy will always know how much you love him, how hard you are working for him, and the look in your eye when you see him.  Let's get this sweet boy home to you. 

  I wish with all of my being that today I could give you the cards, the snuggles, the sweet love.  I wish I could wave my wand and make the brokenness heal, the inequalities level, and the challenges slow.  What I will give you today, for Mother's Day, is my support.  I promise to always be a voice for you in your children's lives.  I promise to always be there in any way that I can to help you to triumph over the barrage of constant struggle.  I promise to pray for you every day when I am reminded by a hug or a funny nine year old joke that they are not only mine, and that they were yours first.

We love you Mamas.  And you will always be the first mamas.  Happy Mother's Day.

3 comments:

  1. Maggie Popp, we need updates, we need pictures, we need to know if you took baby sister, we need to know who baby boy is.......

    I miss the good old blogging days!!!

    -Mama Foster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Leah! I read your entire blog and it was so encouraging in my own situation but then it ended and i still crave your story to help me with mine. Im sure you are so busy and you cant do everything but if you are writing somewhere else can we find you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails