January 17, 2011

Endings and Beginnings.

  We’ve officially told our family worker that we won’t be renewing our foster care license this year.  We also can’t take any long term placements from here on – only the occasional respite.

  Part of me is very sad.

I am so passionate about fostering and advocating for it (which I will continue to do!).

I will miss having the opportunity to welcome kids who need a temporary place to call home. 

I will miss falling in love with them.

I will miss working with our agency.  (I’m not kidding – we’ve loved our agency!)

I’ll miss the excitement of meeting a new little one who’s life we hope to impact, and who will most definitely impact ours.

 

But with the end of one journey is the beginning of another.

 

  I am filled with joy at the journey God has us on.  I am filled with excitement, nervousness, and wonder.  I am excited to meet a new challenge.  I am excited to see what God will do.  I am excited to continue to rely on Him through every new twist and turn.

I am so excited to meet 27 (or more by the time we get there!) new faces.

New little ones that will look to us to help maintain what they call home. 

Children I will most certainly fall in love with. 

A whole new team of people to work with and serve God with. 

Always hoping to be able to take in another little one who’s life we hope to impact, and who will most definitely impact ours.

 

 

I think fostering will likely something we do again in the future.  But I guess we will see.  For now we will say goodbye with sadness, and hello with expectant joy.

3 comments:

  1. Maggie,

    Once again, I am so excited for you! I seriously want to visit you once you are in Africa. I have always wanted to go, and now I have a very good reason :)

    We are praying for you as you transition to this new ministry. God is going to use you in big ways!

    When are you due? Is everything going well with the pregnancy? I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl! And to find out her name! ;)

    We definitely need to get together before you leave the country. Let us know when would be a good time for you, as you are the ones preparing for a whole new life (in a sense). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. foster has been part of what God used to prepare you for THIS.

    i think that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for the Popps! What a blessing God has prepared for your life and your family, and yet more of a blessing for the children in the orphanage in Tanzania. So looking forward to following you on this journey! (And I shouldn't admit, but a little jealous of God's calling for you right now! :) ) What a challenge and adventure requiring total dependence on Him! Praying for you guys!

    Katie Huff

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails