August 17, 2009

Nice to meet you, let me introduce you to THE BELLY.

I'm finally getting around to a belly update... These were taken at about 33 weeks. Brian took me out for my birthday to a dinner theatre. We had a great time - the food was good and the show was done really well. Majority of people I talk to are astounded that I could possibly have several more weeks for my belly to keep getting bigger...but alas, it's true.
This weekend we went on a float trip with my family. People are also surprised when they find out I floated that big belly down a river. It was so much fun, and great time with the family. We won't be seeing them again until we're having a baby! Camping isn't the most relaxing vacation, and it definitely wore me out more than I was expecting, but definitely worth it. It was the last vacation Brian and I will ever have without kids!
We had an appointment with my midwife last week and she said that everything appears to be going perfectly. The baby is head down and appears to be on track as far as her size goes. My size however is getting ahead of itself...measuring 35 weeks when I was really 33. She said that my measurement does not necessarily have any correlation with whether the baby will be large or not. It is however giving me (probably false) hope that maybe she'll at least be on time and not late!
Anyway, everything is going really well here...the countdown is on...6 more weeks till my due date! Hopefully I'll have pictures of a COMPLETED nursery for you soon, but no promises, we're a little behind schedule.



3 comments:

  1. I think you look adorable, not huge.

    I can never tell by people's surprised reactions when I tell them how far along I am whether they thought I was going to say "Actually, I'm 2 weeks overdue" or if they expected me to say I'm only 5 or 6 months along. Probably the former, but I'll go ahead and pretend it's the latter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh... Maggie. I must say that you are adorable. Perhaps you don't want people to tell you such things, but, alas, it is true. And I must say that you look just right. Not too big, or too little. :) Don't worry. People seem not to be able to keep themselves from saying stupid things to pregnant ladies. Like my students that kept asking me if I was having twins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You're pregnant?

    =) They are right..you make a very cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails