January 29, 2010

Someone help me...

because we're in trouble now. The X-man is WALKING!!! I cannot tell you how excited we are - it feels kind of like the milestone we've been working toward for almost 5 months now - and he did it! That Hallelujah Chorus I spoke of yesterday? That was nothing compared to the squeals of glee and pride as X walked across the room last night.
This new development lends itself to reflection on the last five months of growing and changing that this incredible little boy has gone through. To think that in September he wasn't even able to roll over. To think that in August his little life had no hope. No hope that is, except for in our incredible God who scooped him up out of his dirty pac-n-play and gave his life a second wind, a second chance, an opportunity to experience love. What an incredible God he is!

So now I'm working out my strategy. Do I just duct-tape everything in my house in it's rightful home? Do I sit on X all day and hope I don't smother him? (I joke.) Or do I just throw in the towel now and give him free reign. Yup. Sounds like a plan.
Since we're running out of age appropriate milestones, I've decided that next I will teach him how to do laundry. That should keep us busy for a while.

But seriously. Let's send up some praise for this little guy. He has come SO far, and only by the grace of God.


AMEN!



P.S. I will try to get a video up soon.

2 comments:

  1. If blogs had a like button... ;)

    He is a good God. He has scooped the X man up and surrounded him with love and care. You have been used mightily. Amazing.

    Love you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie is so proud of him!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails