April 10, 2012

A wish come true.

  We got a phone call today letting us know that Bella has been approved for the Make a Wish Foundation!!!  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

  I referred her eight months ago and hadn’t heard anything, so I just kind of figured that she wasn’t approved and we were out of luck.  I kept thinking that they just had to approve her.  A four year old dealing with a potentially terminal illness who is also dealing with the trauma of foster care?? 

  Can we cut this kid a break?  Please?

 

  The answer is yes.

 

I am so excited.  This is the chance in a lifetime for her, to do something or go somewhere she may never have the opportunity to go again!

 

So at some point a “gift giver” will contact us and come to our house to talk to Bella about what her wish is.  The child has to verbalize it (I hope she doesn’t decide to be shy!!).

I talked to her about wishes back when I referred her, but not since.  Today we talked about all the different kinds of things people wish for.  We looked at pictures of the ocean, of the biggest toy store in the world, of playgrounds, and of Disney World.

And then there was no reason to go on.  Because, stop. the. world., Disney World won as soon as she found out that the princesses live there.

 

 

disney

 

 

So, breakfast with the princesses at Disney World it is.

 

I’m not sure of the time line from here on out….how quickly they grant wishes and such.  We did have some things go on over the weekend that make me think that the potential reunification date of May 2 is not going to happen, though.

  Just plain irresponsibility regarding Bella’s illness, which was one of the initial concerns when she came into care.  Part of me is so angry about it.  What they are asking them to do is not that hard.  And they are getting so close.  And they might have just blown it, at least as far as May goes.  uuuuugggghhhhh.

 

Anyway, all that to say that I don’t know if she’ll be with us or with her family when her wish is granted, but I don’t really even care.  I’m just so happy she gets to go.  Not gonna lie, I would love, love, love to see her eyes light up when she sees the Disney castle for the first time.  It would make for some incredible memories with her parents though.

 

We’ll see.

 

I’m just so excited!!!!

4 comments:

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails