September 19, 2012

Tootaw’s Birthday.


Tootaw turned the big 0-3 on the 7th!  This extends the streak of our kids having birthdays within a week of moving in with us.  That always makes it difficult to feel like we have a well thought out celebration, or to figure out what it is that would make them feel super special.

I knew that Tootaw really enjoyed bowling at Horn Creek (she talked about it more than anything else we did.) so I thought it would be fun for us all to go bowling together.

IMG_5446


IMG_5448

IMG_5449-001
Sisters.

IMG_5454
Of course, most of the game of bowling was spent anticipating opening the presents…

IMG_5458-001
Earlier in the day we went to the grocery store, and I asked Tootaw if she’d like to pick out what kind of cake we could make together for her birthday.  She said “No!” indignantly, as if it were the worst idea ever.  Puzzled, I asked why not.  “Because I want tuptakes!”

IMG_5463
Mmmmmm.

I wish I could post more pictures, but most of them have the girls’ faces in them!

IMG_5469
Our friends, the Ketters, joined us to celebrate – which made for lots of little girls enjoying cupcakes!


Happy Birthday, sweet girl.  We love you, and are so blessed to have gotten to help you celebrate your third birthday.  I hope you know how much you are loved, and that you are a cherished part of our family.  I hope you loved the “bowding” and the “tuptakes”.  I pray for you everyday, that God would capture your heart and lead you into the little girl, and someday big girl, and someday woman, that he created you to be. 

Love you, love you, love you,
  Mama Maggie

2 comments:

  1. I can relate. Even though our little one has been with us for over a year, I had been given EVERY indication that she and her brother would be leaving last week. So, I didn't bother to even mention the fact that her birthday is coming up on Monday. (She's turning 5 and can't keep track of this stuff on her own.) I didn't want to spend a few weeks answering every single question with, "I don't know" because I wouldn't have been able to promise her a thing for her actual birthday.

    But...we had court. She and her brother stayed again. And now I'm scrambling to put together some sort of a party. Not sure what we're going to do just yet. But I'm strongly thinking about rainbow cupcakes if I can talk her in to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to take them bowling and it looks like the "tuptakes" were a hit! We've also had both experiences, getting a kid within 1.5 weeks of their birthday and others trying to make plans for their birthday while I painfully knew that they would no longer be with me when that time came and wasn't allowed to tell them :(. That's one of the hardest things about foster care, trying to plan, do special things, give them stability, all when you just don't know how long you will have them. Thanks for sharing your story! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails