September 18, 2008

growing

Well, tonight we'll go to bed with two new family members having joined us. Today, at some point, we'll be meeting a 7 year old and a 10 month old - sisters - who will be living with us for a while. This morning I have been preparing our home for the girls - so excited to meet them, and so hopeful that we'll be able to show them our love in a real way.
I so hope that their family will be able to take care of them someday ... sooner than later. Pray for the girls, that we will be able to comfort, listen to, and love them. But even more than that, pray for their parents, that they can resolve the issues that brought the girls to us, and that they can have a family again.

I'll try to keep you all up to date on our lives and this exciting challenge. Of course, I'm thinking that I probably won't have quite as much time to update in the near future.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys, Maggie. You challenge us to live (and love) more like Jesus.

    You are in our prayers perpetually.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails