We are here:
- Still praying over and discussing the possibility of the boys’ siblings moving in. Trying to consider all of the factors, which would be a whole different post.
- If we decide that we do not feel we can take their siblings, the caseworker wants to look for another home, closer to where the boys are from, that can take all four kids.
- If we cannot take their siblings, they want to move the boys before the beginning of the school year.
- If we do take their siblings, we are, in essence, adopting them. (Hence this being such a huge decision.) Unless by some chance they quickly find an adoptive home for an older sibling set of four (unlikely) then they would be with us for a long time. If they are with us for a long time – adoption just makes sense.
- We feel like we could do it. We just aren’t sure it is best for all of the kids.
- Maybe I will try to write a post explaining our thinking and reasoning thus far. But it would take forever, and I’m not sure it would make any sense to anyone but me, so we’ll see.
All of this brings me to tears.
Contrary to what one may think, deciding that we will take their siblings would be the easier choice for us to make. We don’t want the boys to have to move, we want them all to be together, we want to be able to serve them in every way possible. It would be much, much harder for us to decide that we cannot do it – but we also want to be responsible in this decision – and in the end it may not be best.
Prayers for discernment and for the kids’ hearts is so appreciated. I wish all this were easier.