June 6, 2010

8 Months.

Sylvie Girl,

  STOP GROWING!  Just kidding, but not really.

All of a sudden you are not my little baby any more, but you are an active, on the go little girl with such a personality.  Already I can see that you are going to be a very determined (some may say stubborn) little girl – really I’m not sure where you would have gotten that from.  You’ve started using your voice to let us know when you are unhappy about something, when you’re very happy about something, or when you’re happy about something but we’ve stopped before you’d like.  You’re a very expressive little girl.

IMG_7222

You started doing so many new things this month.  You’re crawling now {and getting faster all the time}, you’ve started pulling up on things, you’ve started cruising around and between furniture.  I’d say you’re officially on the move!  Of course, accompanying your mobility is your ability to get into EVERYTHING.  I’ve already done this stage twice before with Mena and X-man, and I’m still no good at keeping things out of reach, not to mention all the tiny, mouth-sized things you find all over the floor.  Your brothers keep me busy pulling little things out of your mouth at a rate of one per minute with all of their lego creations.  Speaking of your brothers, you love them.  You think they are hilarious and you smile anytime either of them walks into the room.  They love you too, although Jae would never admit that.

You also started crawling up the stairs.  You’re pretty speedy at it now, and when I come up behind you to get you down you give me a mischievous grin that tells me that we’re probably in for it these next few years.

IMG_7290

You also started saying Mama this month.  Definitely my favorite milestone yet – it melts my heart.  This morning I was in the living room and you were shut in the bedroom with Daddy – you stood up at the window in the door and started knocking saying ‘mamamama’.  Nothing. Better. 

You LOVE to eat now.  You aren’t huge on baby food – but if I’m eating something you demand to taste it. 

You are so happy!  I can’t really explain how happy it makes me feel to be your mommy – I love it more than anything in the world.  I love you more than anything. 

IMG_7200

I thank God for you every day, baby girl. 

I can’t wait to see what month 8 has in store.

 

Love you, love you, love you,

                                      Mamamamama 

3 comments:

  1. Awwww...so sweet! Our little girls are growing up way too fast! Happy 8 months...we will be celebrating 1 year before long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails