July 7, 2010

10!

There’s a birthday in our house today…

 

IMG_7713

A very special person is turning 10…

 

IMG_7707

IMG_7714

Lots of present opening….

 

IMG_7718

Piñata hitting….

 

IMG_7723

Rock climbing….

 

IMG_7704 …and a little water park thrown in for good measure….

 

IMG_0883

Jae, I hope you’ve had a good birthday.  I know this is a hard one for you, and I know that you are wishing you could be with your mom on this special day.  Every once in a while I see a glimmer of the real Jae, and I know you will be a great man when you grow up.  I hope that when you look back on your tenth birthday, you will be able to remember that you were loved, and that we were so honored to get to celebrate with you.  Today I asked you how it felt to be ten, and you wouldn’t give me any more than a “fine.”  But Zee was very happily added on that it made him feel great for you to be ten!  So you’re brother is very excited about the double digits.

I love you Jae.  Even though you hate it that I do.  Even though I have to steal hugs.

Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That post almost made me cry. Ok so I am crying a little. :)
    I love, love how special you made his birthday. The cake, the presents, a fun outing...how blessed you are indeed to be able to lavishly love on this child during a bittersweet day for him. Thankyou for giving us a glimpse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. So glad he had a good day even if there was a shadow hanging over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like he had a GREAT birthday, I am sure there was a lot going on inside him but giving him the best you can I am sure makes a difference even if it is small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I love the last part about the conversation with J and Z...it sounds soo THEM :-) I miss those boys..

    And I still think J secretly loves the hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails