March 2, 2010

Push-overs

I got an e-mail today from our worker letting me know that she has changed our profile in the system so that intake can tell we are open for placements. I was wondering what act of God had kept our phone from ringing off the hook for the last week and a half! Shouldn't be long now. She also warned me that they have had a lot of big sibling groups coming into care as of late, and that I really should feel perfectly open to saying no when they call. (She knows me well, ha!) She also said that knowing that we're just the biggest push-overs in the mid-west and that even if she tells us not to feel bad, the chances of us turning down a placement come very close to zero! Ha!

Anyway....I really posted to link to

THIS post.


Let me just say Amen and Amen!

You should read it. It really is fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. That post just blew me away! Thank you so much for sharing the link..I am now going to share it with everyone...the part about if 7% of Christians took in one orphan there would be no more...I wish we had a statistic like that about foster care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing that article. I devoured it and left a comment. So encouraging... and such a reality check.

    I'm excited to find out about your next placement! That's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails