March 16, 2010

Dadadadadadada.

Here’s a video – mostly for those who have, or have had, the last name Popp or Reed – or for anyone who likes watching cute babies.  (I’m not biased.)  Toward the end Sylvie displays her newest trick – babbling.  Brian is extraordinarily proud of this, mostly because her first sound just happened to be dadadada.  He swears it’s on purpose.  I keep telling him it’s just the easiest sound to make – she’ll make more sophisticated sounds later – like mamama. 

 

 

 

 

Oh, and,

 

Thank you for your ideas and prayers yesterday.  I called our worker and told her that we would be happy to have three kiddos this weekend.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized I wasn’t trusting God in this.  I’ve just been so anxious to get another long term placement that I didn’t want to wait for His timing, and I wasn’t being open to how He was deciding to use us.

So unless we hear otherwise, we’ll be lovin’ on three beautiful girls this weekend (in addition to Sylvie.) ages 2, 4, and 6.  That sounds crazy doesn’t it?  Yup.  Crazy.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like the most sophisticated sound in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very sweet video... what a cutie pie! I think she WAS trying to say DADDY... just my opinion, she was trying to mimmick Brian. Loved seeing your little one... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like cute babies. :)

    I think you made a good decision about respite. I don't think there's always a right or wrong decision, but I usually think about what would I regret more if it didn't work out the way I think, and I don't think you'll regret taking those little girls even if you do get a call in the meantime and especially if you don't. Hope we get to meet them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! I am so glad I found your blog (and you mine although I have been a bit lazy with updating lately:) I love hearing about other peoples experences with foster care! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails