April 10, 2010

5?? 5.

I should do this before the masses get out of bed.

And by ‘the masses’ I mean the five children who are now sleeping in my house.

 

I mentioned the three and four year olds who are here for the weekend.  They were dropped off last night around 7:00.  They are definitely a hand full.  The have obviously been through a lot in their short little lives and will benefit incredibly with some structure (which they are hopefully getting in their foster home.). 

Right about the time we were starting to get them into bed (a process that took approximately two and a half hours) we got a phone call for two boys who needed a placement long term, and needed it right then.  They had to be removed from their previous foster home due to allegations of abuse {enter: my soapbox speech about why we need more good foster homes.}  and had to be moved last night.

After some very, very last minute rearranging of our home, the boys were coming our way.  Unfortunately they were coming from three hours away {because, ahem, they were not able to find a foster home who could take them any closer than that}.  The worker ended up asking Brian if he could meet her half way so that she could get home before the sun came up. 

Three hours later, at 1:15 in the morning, we had five children sleeping under our roof.

I have yet to meet the boys – I was nursing Sylvie when they got here last night.  I’m sure they’ll be great.  And the younger of the two has a birthday on Monday – we’ll have to really celebrate.

 

Updates to come…I’m sure.

9 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Word! Sending you lots of prayer and patience! You guys are awesome and I hope this transition period goes well. Blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smiled when I read this!! I just love your heart for our foster kids. I can't even really explain how much it excites me. I'm aching to be "grown up" so I can open up my home to foster kids. 9 years of fostering with my family just isn't enough! : )

    Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! How exciting! Sending prayers for all the little ones at your home this weekend - may they feel loved and secure during their stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great home you have to welcome so many little ones. Hey, I would love your opinion on our current fostering situation. We are just in the process of becoming foster parents and are having issues deciding on the children we will take in. See my last post....
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you guys!! Please call if I can help in any way with the chaos of 5 kiddos :) Praying for you in this new, exciting, exhausting adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! Can't wait to hear more about the boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I probably shouldn't be happy because this is a lot for you but I am happy that four little kids are getting loved by you guys! Prayers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails