April 6, 2010

Six Months.

Oh goodness.  How are you six months old?  I know they say it goes fast, but really?  Six months?  You're just getting so big.  You are more fun every day and you are learning so fast!  You are such a happy baby all the time and are constantly letting out big squeals of delight.
It's warm enough for us to go on walks now, and you squeal and laugh the whole time.  Spring is clearly your favorite season (although you haven't tried out summer yet, you'll like that too.).
You're sitting up on your own and playing with toys.  You grab at anything in reach and it all goes straight into your mouth.  You get up onto your hands and your knees and rock back and forth - it won't be long until you're crawling, and I think I'll be in trouble then!  You are one active child - always, always moving, looking for what you can get into next.
I don't want to sound conceted or anything...but you sure love your mommy.  You prefer me now to other people and you even reach for me when you want me.  It melts my heart.  You babble like crazy.  You're as loud as you are active, but I think you got that from both sides!  You talk and talk (no mamama yet.  just dadada and gagaga).   Speaking of dada, you are looking more like him all the time.  When you smile you look just like him.  And you laugh at all your own jokes too.
Soon you'll be crawling.  Right now you roll all over the place and you've figured out how to move backwards.  It just blows my mind, Sylvie.  I can't believe the way you grow.  But you bring me more joy every day, and I cannot wait to watch you grow up.
You are just so full of joy.  If there is one way to discribe you it is happy.  joyful.  exuberant.  The only time you aren't happy is when you are hungry.  You bring me more joy than anything else in this world, and I am so happy to be your mama.  I thank God for you every day.  I pray for the woman you will become, for the struggles you will face, for the man that will someday be your husband, and for you to know Jesus.  I love you so much it hurts, Sylvie - but God loves you more.  And I pray you grow to know His love.  Mine will not always be perfect, but His never fails.  I love you sweet babe.  You're growing a little quickly for my liking, but I will take you any way I can, and I will love you always.

      Love you, love you, love you,
                                               Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails